BY Advocate.com Editors
April 04 2001 12:00 AM ET
David and Amy Sedaris comedy opens
The Village Voices Michael Musto reports that gay humorist David Sedaris and his sister, Amy (Strangers With Candy), have opened their production of The Book of Liz. The comedy tells the story of a woman with an enchanted cheese-ball recipe who gets a job at a Pilgrim-themed restaurant, thanks to a friend who dresses like Mr. Peanut. David Sedaris declares, This is our Masterpiece Theatre show. Amy Sedaris does double duty, not only playing the lead but also baking the cupcakes sold in the lobby of the theater.
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Teen From Disturbing Video Explains How It Started
- Cop Who Pushed Don Lemon in Ferguson Retires
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family
- How Proud Is the Proud Whopper?