BY Advocate.com Editors
April 13 2001 11:00 PM ET
Gore Vidal to write new series for A&E
A&E will produce six hourlong episodes of a new series titled May It Please the Court, to be penned by Gore Vidal, reports Variety. Vidal will be taking the transcripts of cases argued before the Supreme Court and reconfiguring them into something more dramatic than the dry give-and-take of an actual court exchange. In cases where no transcripts are available, such as the Dred Scott decision, contemporary accounts will serve as the basis. The series will be produced by Sidney Lumet (Dog Day Afternoon, The Group), who will also direct some of the episodes. Lumet and Vidal worked together during the 50s and 60s creating live drama for television.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- 14 Sexy Gifts for Your Slutty Friends