BY Advocate.com Editors
April 17 2001 12:00 AM ET
Corigliano, Kavalier & Clay pick up Pulitzers
The Pulitzer Prize for fiction has been awarded to Michael Chabon for his book The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay, which features gay characters. The prize for music has been given to gay composer John Corigliano for Symphony No. 2 for String Orchestra.
From the archives of The Advocate
12/09/00: Chabons excellent adventures
Wonder boy Michael Chabon talks about The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay and his affinity for gay characters
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- REPORT: Bisexuals Face Biphobia at Doctor's Office, LGBT Groups
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses