BY Advocate.com Editors
April 24 2001 12:00 AM ET
Los Beltrán wins ALMA award
The Los Angeles Times reports that Los Beltrán has won an American Latino Media Arts award as best Spanish-language comedy series. The show, which airs on cable channel Telemundo, features openly bisexual actor Gabriel Romero and is notable for having a gay couple integrated into the regular cast of characters. The ALMA awards are given by the National Council of La Raza, the largest Latino advocacy group in the nation.
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers