BY Advocate.com Editors
April 24 2001 12:00 AM ET
Los Beltrán wins ALMA award
The Los Angeles Times reports that Los Beltrán has won an American Latino Media Arts award as best Spanish-language comedy series. The show, which airs on cable channel Telemundo, features openly bisexual actor Gabriel Romero and is notable for having a gay couple integrated into the regular cast of characters. The ALMA awards are given by the National Council of La Raza, the largest Latino advocacy group in the nation.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- RuPaul Slays in New Video 'Modern Love'
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win