BY Advocate.com Editors
April 24 2001 12:00 AM ET
Los Beltrán wins ALMA award
The Los Angeles Times reports that Los Beltrán has won an American Latino Media Arts award as best Spanish-language comedy series. The show, which airs on cable channel Telemundo, features openly bisexual actor Gabriel Romero and is notable for having a gay couple integrated into the regular cast of characters. The ALMA awards are given by the National Council of La Raza, the largest Latino advocacy group in the nation.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- More Celebs Tweet Off on Indiana
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- An Open Letter from a Transgender Rabbi to Trans Teens Everywhere