BY Advocate.com Editors
April 24 2001 12:00 AM ET
Los Beltrán wins ALMA award
The Los Angeles Times reports that Los Beltrán has won an American Latino Media Arts award as best Spanish-language comedy series. The show, which airs on cable channel Telemundo, features openly bisexual actor Gabriel Romero and is notable for having a gay couple integrated into the regular cast of characters. The ALMA awards are given by the National Council of La Raza, the largest Latino advocacy group in the nation.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Bobby Jindal: Louisiana's Antigay Marriage Bill Isn't About Discrimination
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House
- Right-Wing Ad: Marriage Equality Will Cause Freedom's 'Extinction'
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Max: I Made a 'Grave Mistake'