BY Advocate.com Editors
May 31 2001 11:00 PM ET
Heche engagement confirmed
The wedding date has reportedly not been set, but Anne Heche is heading to the altarwith a man, according to E! News Daily and the New York Post. Heches fiancé is Coley Laffoon, who met Heche last spring while both were working on a documentary about Heches then partner of three years, Ellen DeGeneres. Laffoon was the cameraman on the project and accompanied Heche, who was the director, and DeGeneres on a club tour of the United States over several months as DeGeneres tried out new stand-up material for her HBO special last summer. The documentary, the future of which is now in limbo, was to trace the creation and evolution of DeGeneress act and TV special from behind the scenes. Laffoon was reportedly already close to Heche when she and DeGeneres parted ways last August, and Laffoon and Heche began dating publicly in October.
Heche was seen recently checking out the bridal department at Saks Fifth Avenue, prompting gossip that led her manager, Lauren Lloyd, to confirm the engagement on Wednesday to E! News Daily. Laffoon proposed last Friday, on Heches 32nd birthday, reports the Posts Page Six, and the bride-to-be was seen showing off her engagement ring to passersby. Adds Page Six, Heche probably wont force [Laffoon] to sign a pre-nup. Hes from a wealthy East Coast family and isnt being supported financially by Heche. So far, there has been no official statement from Heche, Laffoon, or DeGeneres.
- Politics Virginia's House Repeals Sodomy Ban 40 min 4 sec ago
- Crime WATCH: Gay Couple Attacked in NYC on 10th Anniversary 46 min 26 sec ago
- Theater Late Gay TV Star's Play Eyes Broadway 1 hour 30 min ago
- Commentary Why Is the St Patrick's Day Parade So Important to LGBT Activists? 1 hour 30 min ago
- Comedy WATCH: Jeffrey: The Series Episode 7, ‘Velvet Rope’ 1 hour 32 min ago
- Religion Meet the Controversial Spiritual Adviser to Trans People 2 hours 53 min ago
- Women 9 Inspiring Women Backing LGBT Rights Around the World 11:17 AM