BY Advocate.com Editors
June 12 2001 12:00 AM ET
Coming Out coming out on DVD
The 1989 East German film Coming Out, by gay director Heiner Carow, is being released in VHS and DVD formats by First Run Features on June 12. Carow shot the film using actual gay locales in the former German Democratic Republic, thus capturing not only the story of a man torn between the woman bearing his child and the man he loves but also a subculture about which the world knew very little at the time. The film went on to win the Silver Bear Award at the Berlin International Film Festival. In one of lifes little ironies, Coming Out was screening in East Berlin the night the Wall came down. For more information, check out firstrunfeatures.com.
- Hot Sheet: Demi-Vicious Pride
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith
- Op-ed: Why LGBT People Around the World Need Israel
- Showtime to Air Kidnapped for Christ, Exposé of Antigay Reform School
- Op-ed: Is Burger King Being Hypocritical With LGBT Marketing?
- SCOTUS Rejects Pa. Clerk's Final Attempt to Stop Marriage Equality