BY Advocate.com Editors
June 26 2001 12:00 AM ET
Three new releases from Strand Releasing Home Video
Strand Releasing Home Video is issuing three provocative new titles in VHS and DVD formats June 26. 101 Rent Boys: Uncut is an expanded version of the festival and Cinemax hit 101 Rent Boys. Filmmakers Randy Barbato and Fenton Bailey (The Eyes of Tammy Faye) edited together interviews with 101 hustlers, all of them interviewed in various motels along Santa Monica Boulevard in Los Angeles. The independent British film Stella Does Tricks, as well as a Spanish film on intergenerational conflict, Beloved/Friend, are also being released. Stella follows the lead character through the world of prostitution and beyond and features a riveting performance by Kelly MacDonald (Trainspotting). The exceedingly intricate relationships in Beloved/Friend, which was adapted by Josep María Benet; Jornet from his stage play, make for a film that deals with a rich array of human interconnections.
From the archives of The Advocate
09/12/00: Hustling: an oral history
The makers of The Eyes of Tammy Faye turn their cameras on guys who sell sex
By Lydia Marcus
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut