BY Advocate.com Editors
July 07 2001 12:00 AM ET
RuPaul to be fabulous on A&E Biography
A&E will kick off Outrageous Performer week on its Biography series with RuPaul: Fairest of Them All. It will explore the life of RuPaul Charles from his humble beginnings to his transformation by dint of personality and ambition from a 6-foot-4 gay black man into a towering blond multitalented supermodel. His creation, RuPaul, became the first cross-dressing act to ever reach the pop charts with the 1993 hit Supermodel. By thrusting drag into the American mainstream, RuPaul had a great impact on the acceptance of gays by the general public. The show premieres July 9. Check local listings.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Bobby Jindal: Louisiana's Antigay Marriage Bill Isn't About Discrimination
- Artist Spotlight: Chris von Steiner
- Right-Wing Ad: Marriage Equality Will Cause Freedom's 'Extinction'
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Max: I Made a 'Grave Mistake'