BY Advocate.com Editors
July 07 2001 12:00 AM ET
RuPaul to be fabulous on A&E Biography
A&E will kick off Outrageous Performer week on its Biography series with RuPaul: Fairest of Them All. It will explore the life of RuPaul Charles from his humble beginnings to his transformation by dint of personality and ambition from a 6-foot-4 gay black man into a towering blond multitalented supermodel. His creation, RuPaul, became the first cross-dressing act to ever reach the pop charts with the 1993 hit Supermodel. By thrusting drag into the American mainstream, RuPaul had a great impact on the acceptance of gays by the general public. The show premieres July 9. Check local listings.
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Op-ed: In Mass. Politics, Love Now Dares to Speak Its Name
- Top Filipino Singer-Actor Comes Out as a Transgender Man
- LISTEN: 19 Kids and Counting Star Records Transphobic Robocall