BY Advocate.com Editors
July 07 2001 12:00 AM ET
RuPaul to be fabulous on A&E Biography
A&E will kick off Outrageous Performer week on its Biography series with RuPaul: Fairest of Them All. It will explore the life of RuPaul Charles from his humble beginnings to his transformation by dint of personality and ambition from a 6-foot-4 gay black man into a towering blond multitalented supermodel. His creation, RuPaul, became the first cross-dressing act to ever reach the pop charts with the 1993 hit Supermodel. By thrusting drag into the American mainstream, RuPaul had a great impact on the acceptance of gays by the general public. The show premieres July 9. Check local listings.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend