BY Advocate.com Editors
July 07 2001 12:00 AM ET
RuPaul to be fabulous on A&E Biography
A&E will kick off Outrageous Performer week on its Biography series with RuPaul: Fairest of Them All. It will explore the life of RuPaul Charles from his humble beginnings to his transformation by dint of personality and ambition from a 6-foot-4 gay black man into a towering blond multitalented supermodel. His creation, RuPaul, became the first cross-dressing act to ever reach the pop charts with the 1993 hit Supermodel. By thrusting drag into the American mainstream, RuPaul had a great impact on the acceptance of gays by the general public. The show premieres July 9. Check local listings.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Every GOP 2016 Hopeful Backs Mike Pence
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'