BY Advocate.com Editors
July 06 2001 11:00 PM ET
Warrior Princess schmattes available at online auction
According to the New York Post, costumes and props from the final episode of Xena: Warrior Princess are being auctioned off online through Sunday. Some $250,000 of the proceeds will be donated to benefit ChildHelp USA, a charity that battles child abuse, which was chosen by Xena avatar Lucy Lawless. Currently up for grabs are the lesbian icons breakaway red kimono that was ripped from her body by the evil Yodoshi; a pair of Gabrielles undershorts, described on the Web site as red stretchy cotton shorts casual but sexy; and for the fan who has not yet come to grips with Xenas demise, both the tray on which her severed head was displayed and the urn in which her ashes repose are on the block. But buyer beware: The urn is in fact nothing more than molded rubber painted black, and the catalog description stresses, This prop does not open and has no contents. To bid on the wares, go to auctions.yahoo.com/xena.
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Mississippi Marriage Ban Struck Down
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School