BY Advocate.com Editors
September 13 2001 12:00 AM ET
Emmy Awards postponed
The 53rd annual Emmy Awards--which will be hosted by lesbian comic-actress Ellen DeGeneres and will feature such high-profile gay-inclusive nominees as Life With Judy Garland: Me and My Shadows, Wit, and Will & Grace--has been postponed following the terrorist attacks in New York City and Washington, D.C. The Hollywood Reporter quoted a statement from CBS and the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences: "We are watching this tragedy unfold on television with everyone else today with the deepest sadness. Therefore, out of respect to the victims, their families, and our fellow citizens, the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences and the CBS Television Network will postpone the 53rd annual prime-time Emmy Awards. We will announce the new date of our awards show at the appropriate time."
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges