BY Advocate.com Editors
September 13 2001 12:00 AM ET
Emmy Awards postponed
The 53rd annual Emmy Awards--which will be hosted by lesbian comic-actress Ellen DeGeneres and will feature such high-profile gay-inclusive nominees as Life With Judy Garland: Me and My Shadows, Wit, and Will & Grace--has been postponed following the terrorist attacks in New York City and Washington, D.C. The Hollywood Reporter quoted a statement from CBS and the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences: "We are watching this tragedy unfold on television with everyone else today with the deepest sadness. Therefore, out of respect to the victims, their families, and our fellow citizens, the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences and the CBS Television Network will postpone the 53rd annual prime-time Emmy Awards. We will announce the new date of our awards show at the appropriate time."
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- WATCH: Alan Cumming on Getting 'Whacked' By Shia LaBeouf
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Myth or Truth: Can We Give Up Condoms?