BY Advocate.com Editors
November 21 2001 1:00 AM ET
USA Films acquires latest from François Ozon
Variety reports that USA Films has acquired domestic distribution rights to 8 Women, the newest film from gay French filmmaker François Ozon (Under the Sand, Water Drops on Burning Rocks). The film--which stars Catherine Deneuve, Fanny Ardant, Danielle Darrieux, Isabelle Huppert, Emmanuelle Béart, Virginie Ledoyen, Firmine Richard, and Ludivine Sagnier as the titular octet--is a comedic murder mystery about a wealthy patriarch found dead under suspicious circumstances. Each of the women is revealed to be a suspect via their own individual musical numbers.
From the archives of The Advocate
07/18/00: Ozon layers
With his two latest films opening at once, out director François Ozon discusses putting his life in his movies
By Howard Feinstein
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant
- WATCH: As Marriage Equality Spreads, Judge Rules NOM Can't Recoup $700K in Legal Fees