BY Advocate.com Editors
November 21 2001 1:00 AM ET
USA Films acquires latest from François Ozon
Variety reports that USA Films has acquired domestic distribution rights to 8 Women, the newest film from gay French filmmaker François Ozon (Under the Sand, Water Drops on Burning Rocks). The film--which stars Catherine Deneuve, Fanny Ardant, Danielle Darrieux, Isabelle Huppert, Emmanuelle Béart, Virginie Ledoyen, Firmine Richard, and Ludivine Sagnier as the titular octet--is a comedic murder mystery about a wealthy patriarch found dead under suspicious circumstances. Each of the women is revealed to be a suspect via their own individual musical numbers.
From the archives of The Advocate
07/18/00: Ozon layers
With his two latest films opening at once, out director François Ozon discusses putting his life in his movies
By Howard Feinstein
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People