BY Advocate.com Editors
November 30 2001 1:00 AM ET
Ellen DeGeneres's Emmy show "swan dress" up for auction
The "swan dress" worn by Ellen DeGeneres on this year's Emmy Awards show--a parody of a similar dress worn by Björk to the Academy Awards--will be auctioned on www.uBid.com to raise money for the Women's Alliance. The dress will be auctioned the week of December 3. Also donating outfits to the charity auction are Rosie O'Donnell, Susan Sarandon, Diane Keaton, Meg Ryan, Drew Barrymore, Angelina Jolie, Minnie Driver, Megan Mullally, and Melissa Etheridge, among many others. The Women's Alliance is a grassroots organization working to improve the lives of low-income women across the country. For more information on the group or on the auction, visit www.thewomensalliance.org.
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'