BY Advocate.com Editors
January 12 2002 1:00 AM ET
PBS airs documentary on Dead Man Walking opera
And Then One Night: The Making of "Dead Man Walking," a documentary of the making of the opera, premieres Monday, January 14, on PBS (check local listings). Among those interviewed are out librettist Terrence McNally, openly gay composer Jake Heggie, singer Frederica von Stade, and Sister Helen Prejean, author of the book upon which the opera was based. The program will also feature advocates on both sides of the capital punishment debate. For more information visit www.PBS.org.
From the archives of The Advocate
10/10/00: In the key of life
With his first opera, Dead Man Walking, gay composer Jake Heggie reclaims a dream he thought was lost forever
By Edward Guthmann
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Lesbian-Led U.S Women Are One Win Away From The World Cup!
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Mike Huckabee: Selfish 'Redefinition of Love' Is Destroying Marriage
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers