BY Advocate.com Editors
January 24 2002 1:00 AM ET
Sexuality switcheroo on Will & Grace
The New York Post's Page Six column reports that the sexuality of the character that Rosie O'Donnell will be playing on Will & Grace went through some changes in the writing and rehearsal process. O'Donnell plays an old girlfriend of Sean Hayes's Jack character, and the original version of the script had the characters having a child together before they both realized they were gay. After O'Donnell signed on for the role, the show's creators made the character heterosexual, only to find that O'Donnell wanted the character to stay gay. A spokesperson for O'Donnell told the paper, "The character was always supposed to be straight. But when she sat down with the producers, they all felt that it would be funnier if her character was a lesbian." The episode is scheduled to air Thursday, January 31.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room
- 12 Celebrities Who Lovingly Embrace Their LGBT Children