BY Advocate.com Editors
February 06 2002 1:00 AM ET
Gay nominations galore in DGA's television category
The Directors Guild of America released nominations for directorial achievement in television, and many gay artists and television projects were cited. In the Dramatic Series category, Alan Ball was nominated for directing the pilot of the HBO series Six Feet Under, which he created, and openly gay television veteran (and Advocate columnist) Paris Barclay was cited for directing the "Indians in the Lobby" episode of The West Wing. Will & Grace racked up an 18th nomination for the straight-but-not-narrow James Burrows, for his direction of the episode "Bed, Bath & Beyond," and competing against him in the Comedy Series section are the openly gay Todd Holland ("Bowling," Malcolm in the Middle) and Michael Patrick King ("The Real Me," Sex and the City).
Bisexual movie stars--their biographies, anyway--dominated the TV movie category at the DGA, with nods for Life With Judy Garland: Me and My Shadows (directed by Robert Allen Ackerman) and James Dean (directed by Mark Rydell). The DGA awards will be presented March 9 at the Century Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles.
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' 1 hour 15 min ago
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop Dolan to NFL Hopeful Michael Sam: 'Bravo' UPDATED: March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM