BY Advocate.com Editors
March 27 2002 1:00 AM ET
William Hurt to star in Léa Pool's new film
Lesbian director Léa Pool (Set Me Free, Lost and Delirious) has snagged William Hurt to play the lead in her next film, according to Variety. Hurt will star in Blue Butterfly, based on the true story of Georges Brossard, the host of the Discovery Channel series Insectia, and his trek to Central America to find the rare Blue Morpho butterfly. A 10-year-old boy dying of brain cancer asked Brossard for a last wish--to find the butterfly, said to have magical curative powers. Brossard caught the butterfly, and soon after, the boy's cancer went into remission. Shooting began Sunday in Costa Rica.
From the archives of The Advocate
05/23/00: Pool of desires
Quebec’s Léa Pool, director of the sexual awakening movie Set Me Free, is the best lesbian filmmaker you’ve never heard of
By Howard Feinstein
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Arkansas County Clerk Resigns Over Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- PHOTOS: Pride for Days In San Francisco
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Show Your Pride With A Rainbow Filter For Your Facebook Profile Pic
- Trans Woman Who Expanded Facebook's Gender Options Banned For Not Using 'Real Name'