BY Advocate.com Editors
March 27 2002 1:00 AM ET
William Hurt to star in Léa Pool's new film
Lesbian director Léa Pool (Set Me Free, Lost and Delirious) has snagged William Hurt to play the lead in her next film, according to Variety. Hurt will star in Blue Butterfly, based on the true story of Georges Brossard, the host of the Discovery Channel series Insectia, and his trek to Central America to find the rare Blue Morpho butterfly. A 10-year-old boy dying of brain cancer asked Brossard for a last wish--to find the butterfly, said to have magical curative powers. Brossard caught the butterfly, and soon after, the boy's cancer went into remission. Shooting began Sunday in Costa Rica.
From the archives of The Advocate
05/23/00: Pool of desires
Quebec’s Léa Pool, director of the sexual awakening movie Set Me Free, is the best lesbian filmmaker you’ve never heard of
By Howard Feinstein
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- WATCH: StoryCorps Founder Discuss Gay Dad in Inspiring TED Talk
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People