BY Advocate.com Editors
March 28 2002 1:00 AM ET
Sydney Pollack circling around Kavalier & Clay
Variety reports that director Sydney Pollack is close to a deal to direct the film version of Michael Chabon's Pulitzer Prize-winning novel The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay at Paramount for out producer Scott Rudin. The gay-inclusive novel tells the story of two pioneer comic book creators in the 1930s and beyond. Paramount has not yet committed to Chabon's script, but Rudin is sure that the project will get a green light.
Chabon, a straight novelist whose books almost always include major gay or bisexual characters, has also just received six figures from Miramax Films, giving the studio first-look rights to Tales of Mystery and Imagination, a book of eight short stories that Chabon hasn't started writing yet. Tales is part of a multimillion-dollar two-book deal Chabon has set up at HarperCollins imprint Fourth Estate.
- Theater Adam Shankman to Helm Hair at Hollywood Bowl 7 min 4 sec ago
- Women Out Musician Soko On Being a Part of 'First Kiss' Viral Video 12 min 5 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment EXCLUSIVE: Elton John's Las Vegas Performance of 'Benny and the Jets' 1 hour 4 min ago
- Sports Brooklyn Nets Stick with Jason Collins 1 hour 12 min ago
- Television Billy Eichner: Wants to Marry Meryl Streep & Get Down With Judi Dench 1 hour 16 min ago
- HIV & AIDS HIV 101: Does Being Positive Mean I Have to Stop Having Sex? 1 hour 31 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment EXCLUSIVE: Neil Patrick Harris, Behind the Shoot 2 hours 39 min ago