BY Advocate.com Editors
April 06 2002 1:00 AM ET
Gay fans of Once and Again mobilize online
Gay fans of the ABC series Once and Again have mobilized in the hope of convincing the network not to cancel the critically acclaimed drama, which has recently featured a subplot involving a teenage girl discovering her attraction to other women. "We should stand behind writers and producers who treat our community and problems with dignity and compassion," says Jackson Mahaney of Indiana. "Once and Again's representation of a gay teen coming to terms with confusing emotions and pressures was an obvious indication of the writers' and producers' concern with gay issues."
Fans of Once and Again who wish to sign an online petition supporting the program can visit www.SaveOandA.com.
From the archives of The Advocate
03/19/02: Age of Innocence
How does Once and Again's Evan Rachael Wood describe her on-screen romance with another girl? "Beautiful"
By Michele Kort
- Commentary Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto 52 min 36 sec ago
- Film Why Television Is Outpacing Film in Diversity 7:00 AM
- Current Issue A Letter to My Partners 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Number Crunch: A Church in Crisis 5:00 AM
- Current Issue The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd 4:00 AM
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books March 09 2014 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah March 09 2014 3:09 PM