BY Advocate.com Editors
April 06 2002 12:00 AM ET
Gay fans of Once and Again mobilize online
Gay fans of the ABC series Once and Again have mobilized in the hope of convincing the network not to cancel the critically acclaimed drama, which has recently featured a subplot involving a teenage girl discovering her attraction to other women. "We should stand behind writers and producers who treat our community and problems with dignity and compassion," says Jackson Mahaney of Indiana. "Once and Again's representation of a gay teen coming to terms with confusing emotions and pressures was an obvious indication of the writers' and producers' concern with gay issues."
Fans of Once and Again who wish to sign an online petition supporting the program can visit www.SaveOandA.com.
From the archives of The Advocate
03/19/02: Age of Innocence
How does Once and Again's Evan Rachael Wood describe her on-screen romance with another girl? "Beautiful"
By Michele Kort
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! 43 min 50 sec ago
- Coming Out WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video 1 hour 6 min ago
- People Photo of the Day: DLB and Tom Daley Share a Moment in Houston 1 hour 14 min ago
- Marriage Equality Australia Re-Bans Same-Sex Marriage 1 hour 22 min ago
- Entertainment News Damien Lewis vs. Ian McKellen: Homeland Actor Apologizes 1 hour 24 min ago
- Politics WATCH: Right-Wing 'Documentary' Tries to Defend 'Ex-Gay' Therapy 1 hour 32 min ago
- Internet Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay 2 hours 19 min ago