BY Advocate.com Editors
April 13 2002 12:00 AM ET
L.I.E. gets trimmed for R-rated video release
After a loud and public battle with the Motion Picture Association of America over the NC-17 rating on the controversial, acclaimed drama L.I.E., distributor Lot 47 has agreed to trim one minute and 23 seconds from the film for an R-rated video release. (The uncut version will also be available on video.) New Yorker Video will distribute the trimmed version to Blockbuster and Hollywood video stores, which refuse to carry NC-17 titles. "New Yorker did nothing without our approval," said Lot 47 president Mark Lipsky. "[Cowriter-director] Michael Cuesta approved the cut as well."
From the archives of The Advocate
09/11/01: Boys to men
Filmmakers of three new filmsL.I.E., Eban and Charley, and Our Lady of the Assassinstalk about why they chose to portray teenage boys’ relationships with older men. Is it a rite of passage or just plain wrong?
By Gregg Kilday
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good As Dead, Say Advocates
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Save Kate — She's Been Targeted Before, Says Father 1 min 26 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says 44 min 50 sec ago
- Women Op-Ed: Case of Lesbian Teen Kaitlyn Hunt Raises Questions About Sexual Double Standard 57 min 23 sec ago
- Music WATCH: Is This the Worst Music Video Ever? 1 hour 11 min ago
- Transgender Jesse Tyler Ferguson Slams His Former School's Transphobic Graduation Policy 1 hour 11 min ago
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame 1 hour 12 min ago
- Politics Democratic 'Betrayal' Leaves Binational Couples Stranded 1 hour 23 min ago