BY Advocate.com Editors
April 19 2002 12:00 AM ET
MTV's Brian Graden to bust a move on VH1
Variety reports that out MTV president of entertainment Brian Graden, the man behind such hits as The Osbournes, Jackass, and The Real World, may soon do that voodoo that he does so well for MTV's sister network, VH1. Judy McGrath, president of all the MTV channels, is said to be a fan of Graden, and she may put VH1 under his purview following former VH1 chief John Sykes's departure to head up fellow Viacom property Infinity Broadcasting. Insiders say Graden may jettison VH1's "Music First" motto and start working in shows that aren't solely music-based.
From the archives of The Advocate
05/23/00: He got his MTV
Brian Graden, MTV’s openly gay president of programming, fulfills his youthful dream and brings diversity to today’s teens
By Jeffrey Epstein
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- In Protesting Irish Marriage Victory, Westboro Gets the Flag Wrong
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality