BY Advocate.com Editors
May 21 2002 12:00 AM ET
Sandra Bernhard to host censorship documentary
Variety reports that Sandra Bernhard will host Art & Outrage, an hour-long documentary on controversial films, plays, music, TV shows, and artwork, for cable's Trio channel. The show will be part of the channel's month-long dedication to censorship and the arts in June. Trio will also air a six-part series, The History of Pornography, as well as TV's Most Censored Moments and unedited, commercial-free broadcasts of The Last Temptation of Christ, Lolita (1962), Last Tango in Paris, and The People vs. Larry Flynt. "Our point isn't to make anybody look right or wrong," said new Trio president Lauren Zalaznick. "Our point is to let people speak their minds. Remember, it's a TV channel; it doesn't have an opinion."
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- S.C. Congressional Candidate: Beware of Gay 'Gremlins'