BY Advocate.com Editors
May 21 2002 12:00 AM ET
Sandra Bernhard to host censorship documentary
Variety reports that Sandra Bernhard will host Art & Outrage, an hour-long documentary on controversial films, plays, music, TV shows, and artwork, for cable's Trio channel. The show will be part of the channel's month-long dedication to censorship and the arts in June. Trio will also air a six-part series, The History of Pornography, as well as TV's Most Censored Moments and unedited, commercial-free broadcasts of The Last Temptation of Christ, Lolita (1962), Last Tango in Paris, and The People vs. Larry Flynt. "Our point isn't to make anybody look right or wrong," said new Trio president Lauren Zalaznick. "Our point is to let people speak their minds. Remember, it's a TV channel; it doesn't have an opinion."
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- 15 Queer Documentaries That Helped Define Us
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Surprising No One, Texas State Senate Reaffirms Opposition to Marriage Equality