BY Advocate.com Editors
July 29 2002 11:00 PM ET
Rosie O'Donnell to bring Boy George's Taboo to Broadway
The New York Daily News's Rush & Molloy report that Rosie O'Donnell is in talks to bring Boy George's stage musical Taboo to Broadway in the spring. O'Donnell recently traveled to London to see her friend Madonna onstage in Up for Grabs, but the former talk show host was so taken with the '80s-set Taboo that she began a campaign to bring the show to the United States.
The columnists also note that O'Donnell recently disproved two tabloid claims against her while attending a political fund-raiser for Ohio gubernatorial candidate Tim Hagan--she attended with her five-months-pregnant girlfriend, Kelli Carpenter (the tabs said they'd split), and she got on a scale to show that her weight is holding steady at 212 pounds (the tabs said she weighs 300).
- Media PHOTOS: Adam Lambert, Jane Lynch, Chris Colfer, Fergie at TrevorLIVE Benefit 1 hour 53 min ago
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square 7:52 PM
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? 7:09 PM
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS 6:04 PM
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback 4:10 PM