BY Advocate.com Editors
July 29 2002 11:00 PM ET
Rosie O'Donnell to bring Boy George's Taboo to Broadway
The New York Daily News's Rush & Molloy report that Rosie O'Donnell is in talks to bring Boy George's stage musical Taboo to Broadway in the spring. O'Donnell recently traveled to London to see her friend Madonna onstage in Up for Grabs, but the former talk show host was so taken with the '80s-set Taboo that she began a campaign to bring the show to the United States.
The columnists also note that O'Donnell recently disproved two tabloid claims against her while attending a political fund-raiser for Ohio gubernatorial candidate Tim Hagan--she attended with her five-months-pregnant girlfriend, Kelli Carpenter (the tabs said they'd split), and she got on a scale to show that her weight is holding steady at 212 pounds (the tabs said she weighs 300).
- Travel An American in Dublin: Exploring Gay Life Over the Rainbow 3 min 29 sec ago
- Parenting Israel Set to Grant Gay Men Adoption Tax Benefits 15 min 27 sec ago
- Sports Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team 16 min 58 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment Trans Game Designer Is Bringing Diversity to Digital Realm 7:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Creator of Red Equal Sign on Why It Mattered 6:05 AM
- Daily Dose You Think You’re Worried? 5:00 AM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: An X Factor for Grandma's LGBT Bowling League 5:00 AM