BY Advocate.com Editors
July 30 2002 12:00 AM ET
Rosie O'Donnell to bring Boy George's Taboo to Broadway
The New York Daily News's Rush & Molloy report that Rosie O'Donnell is in talks to bring Boy George's stage musical Taboo to Broadway in the spring. O'Donnell recently traveled to London to see her friend Madonna onstage in Up for Grabs, but the former talk show host was so taken with the '80s-set Taboo that she began a campaign to bring the show to the United States.
The columnists also note that O'Donnell recently disproved two tabloid claims against her while attending a political fund-raiser for Ohio gubernatorial candidate Tim Hagan--she attended with her five-months-pregnant girlfriend, Kelli Carpenter (the tabs said they'd split), and she got on a scale to show that her weight is holding steady at 212 pounds (the tabs said she weighs 300).
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Analysis: Nope, Same-Sex Marriage Doesn't Dissuade Straight People from Getting Married