BY Advocate.com Editors
August 13 2002 12:00 AM ET
Mike White hopes to relocate Pasadena
TV Guide Online reports that out actor-writer Mike White (The Good Girl, Chuck & Buck) hopes to find a new home for the nine unaired episodes of Pasadena, the acclaimed drama that Fox aired and canceled last year. "We are looking to get it on FX or some kind of cable outlet," says White, who adds that he would consider releasing all 13 episodes of the series on DVD. "I'm really proud of the rest of the episodes. It's a mystery, and it all gets solved." Regarding earlier reports that he might edit the unaired footage into a new feature film--the way David Lynch did with his unaired Mulholland Drive pilot--White demurs. "Unlike Mulholland Drive, this [would have to be] a 13-hour movie. So it's hard to see how that would work."
Discussing the difficulty of working in television, White notes, "I think the network really liked the show...[but] from a business point of view, I understand why they just couldn't take another risk of launching it again." Fox entertainment president Gail Berman responded, "Pasadena is one of the painful experiences we had last year. We took it off the air with the full intent of trying to find a place for it because it was an excellent show, and Mike White is a great creator. Someday we hope to be in business with him again."
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- 7 Absurd Legal 'Arguments' Against Marriage Equality From a Straight Couple in Kansas
- QUIZ: Are You Afraid of Gay PDA?
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- WATCH: Gays Want Everyone to Join Them in Hell, Says Colo. GOP Candidate