BY Advocate.com Editors
August 19 2002 11:00 PM ET
Six Feet Under's Hall boosts box office for Broadway's Chicago
Variety reports that actor Michael C. Hall, who plays gay mortician David Fisher on HBO's Six Feet Under, has provided a shot in the arm for a long-running Broadway revival. Hall recently joined the cast of Chicago, and ticket sales have jumped more than 32%. The trade paper notes that Hall's boost to the show reflects a general trend of HBO stars finding success on the Great White Way: A new production of gay playwright Terrence McNally's Frankie and Johnny in the Clair de Lune has reported $1.7 million in advance ticket sales, thanks at least partially to the presence of Sopranos star Edie Falco in a starring role, and last year, Sex and the City's Cynthia Nixon's star turn in a revival of The Women helped make that show a virtual sellout during its limited run.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View