BY Advocate.com Editors
August 20 2002 12:00 AM ET
Six Feet Under's Hall boosts box office for Broadway's Chicago
Variety reports that actor Michael C. Hall, who plays gay mortician David Fisher on HBO's Six Feet Under, has provided a shot in the arm for a long-running Broadway revival. Hall recently joined the cast of Chicago, and ticket sales have jumped more than 32%. The trade paper notes that Hall's boost to the show reflects a general trend of HBO stars finding success on the Great White Way: A new production of gay playwright Terrence McNally's Frankie and Johnny in the Clair de Lune has reported $1.7 million in advance ticket sales, thanks at least partially to the presence of Sopranos star Edie Falco in a starring role, and last year, Sex and the City's Cynthia Nixon's star turn in a revival of The Women helped make that show a virtual sellout during its limited run.
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- REPORT: Lawsuit Targets Woman Killed in Caitlyn Jenner Crash
- Op-ed: Whither Gay Provincetown?
- U.S. Marine Claims 'Trans Panic' in Murder of Trans Filipina Jennifer Laude
- Op-ed: We Just Saw a Turning Point for Global LGBT Rights