Mark Bingham's Mom to Appear on Dr. Laura's Radio Show
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 11 2002 12:00 AM ET
A statement on Dr. Laura's Web site, www.drlaura.com, reads, "We are producing a series of special programs about 9/11. The focus of these shows will be stories of character and courage resulting from the events of 9/11."
Hoagland's appearance is surprising to many, since Schlessinger--who holds a degree in physiology--is known for her conservative views and once called homosexuality a "biological error." The Web site's description of Hoagland, interestingly, does not bring up Bingham's sexual orientation: "[Alice Hoagland's] son Mark Bingham was killed on United Flight 93. This is a special interview because Dr. Laura approaches it from a mother's point of view. Alice tells Dr. Laura how her life has changed--she is filled with hope and courage and promises to make a difference in the world."
Schlessinger's radio talk show is syndicated; check local listings for airtimes.
- Report: Couple Refuses Deal in Torture Case
- WATCH: Bianca Del Rio and Adore Delano Star in Starbucks' First LGBT Commercial
- 20 Touching, Funny, and Silly Twitter Reactions to Tim Cook's Coming-Out
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Tim Cook: Being Gay Has Helped Me Lead Apple
- The LGBT Films of AFI Fest 2014