Mark Bingham's Mom to Appear on Dr. Laura's Radio Show
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 11 2002 12:00 AM ET
A statement on Dr. Laura's Web site, www.drlaura.com, reads, "We are producing a series of special programs about 9/11. The focus of these shows will be stories of character and courage resulting from the events of 9/11."
Hoagland's appearance is surprising to many, since Schlessinger--who holds a degree in physiology--is known for her conservative views and once called homosexuality a "biological error." The Web site's description of Hoagland, interestingly, does not bring up Bingham's sexual orientation: "[Alice Hoagland's] son Mark Bingham was killed on United Flight 93. This is a special interview because Dr. Laura approaches it from a mother's point of view. Alice tells Dr. Laura how her life has changed--she is filled with hope and courage and promises to make a difference in the world."
Schlessinger's radio talk show is syndicated; check local listings for airtimes.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: Why, No Matter What, I Still Can't Marry My Girlfriend
- The Humble Tweets From a Catholic Priest Spat Upon by Pride Marchers
- Texas Pastor Now Says He Didn't Mean He'd Really Set Himself Aflame