BY Advocate.com Editors
September 11 2002 12:00 AM ET
Mark Bingham's mom to appear on Dr. Laura's radio show
In what's sure to be the most unusual matchup of the day, Alice Hoglan, mother of openly gay United Airlines Flight 93 hero Mark Bingham, is scheduled to appear on conservative talk-show host Dr. Laura Schlessinger's syndicated radio show on Wednesday, September 11--the one-year anniversary of her son's death.
A statement on Dr. Laura's Web site, www.drlaura.com, reads, "We are producing a series of special programs about 9/11. The focus of these shows will be stories of character and courage resulting from the events of 9/11."
Hoglan's appearance is surprising to many, since Schlessinger--who holds a degree in physiology--is known for her conservative views and once called homosexuality a "biological error." The Web site's description of Hoglan, interestingly, does not bring up Bingham's sexual orientation: "[Alice Hoglan's] son Mark Bingham was killed on United Flight 93. This is a special interview because Dr. Laura approaches it from a mother's point of view. Alice tells Dr. Laura how her life has changed--she is filled with hope and courage and promises to make a difference in the world."
Schlessinger's radio talk show is syndicated; check local listings for airtimes.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa 40 min 15 sec ago
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM