More troubles for suspended gay doc
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 12 2002 12:00 AM ET
The openly gay Boston doctor under fire for abandoning a patient in mid surgery to go to the bank was arrested Tuesday and charged with the alleged rape of a 15-year-old boy he picked up in Boston's Central Square, according to The Boston Globe.
David C. Arndt, 45, is being held in lieu of $250,000 bail. He was scheduled for arraignment in Cambridge District Court on Wednesday on three counts of child rape and one count of indecent assault and battery on a person over 14.
According to Middlesex County prosecutors, Arndt spotted the youth on a street near Central Square on September 5 and allegedly lured him into his car. The two had never met before, said prosecutors. Arndt then repeatedly raped the boy in the car, they allege. ''It wasn't like a kidnapping,'' said Cambridge police spokesman Frank Pasquarello. ''He wasn't forced into the car.'' The boy reported the alleged attack to police Monday morning. Police searched for Arndt's car throughout Cambridge on Tuesday, finally spotting him driving near Central Square, a police spokesman said. He was arrested without a struggle.
The arrest marks the most serious turn in the Harvard-trained orthopedic surgeon's recent troubles, which include tangles with the courts and medical disciplinary system. Most recently, Arndt's name was found on prescription slips at the scene of an alleged drug dealer's arrest last week.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'