Tacoma, Wash., gay rights repeal headed for vote
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 12 2002 12:00 AM ET
An initiative to repeal a Tacoma, Wash., gay rights ordinance is going to a public vote November 5.
The council voted unanimously Tuesday to put the measure on the general ballot after receiving petitions bearing 4,048 signatures from a conservative group called Help Us Take Back Tacoma Again! The initiative would repeal a measure adopted by the council in April to add sexual orientation and gender identity to the list of an ordinance that bans discrimination based on race, ethnicity, age, gender, and religion in employment, housing, lending, and other areas.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- Michael Lannan's Looking Is More Than Gay Sex and the City
- 40 Under 40: Emerging Voices | Advocate.com
- Writers Lena Waithe & Justin Simien Show Hollywood It’s More Than Just Black & White