Pataki reaffirms support for SONDA
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 04 2002 12:00 AM ET
New York governor George Pataki on Thursday reiterated his support for the Sexual Orientation Non-Discrimination Act, which would ban antigay discrimination in employment, housing, and public accommodations throughout the state.
In a letter to New York gay advocacy group Empire State Pride Agenda, Pataki, a Republican, wrote, "SONDA must be enacted into law so that disgraceful discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is against the law in every corner of the state. I am confident we will soon succeed in this essential goal."
The letter to ESPA marks Pataki's first public words regarding SONDA since he urged legislators to pass the bill in his January state of the state address.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- Everything You Need to Know So Far About Marriage Equality in Utah
- Op-ed: Why Our Next Attorney General Should Be LGBT
- Has PrEP Been Proven Effective?