Pataki reaffirms support for SONDA
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 04 2002 12:00 AM ET
New York governor George Pataki on Thursday reiterated his support for the Sexual Orientation Non-Discrimination Act, which would ban antigay discrimination in employment, housing, and public accommodations throughout the state.
In a letter to New York gay advocacy group Empire State Pride Agenda, Pataki, a Republican, wrote, "SONDA must be enacted into law so that disgraceful discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is against the law in every corner of the state. I am confident we will soon succeed in this essential goal."
The letter to ESPA marks Pataki's first public words regarding SONDA since he urged legislators to pass the bill in his January state of the state address.
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- #TBT: Breaking the Gay Code in the Movies
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Huge Ratings Are In for Bruce Jenner Interview