Pataki reaffirms support for SONDA
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 04 2002 12:00 AM ET
New York governor George Pataki on Thursday reiterated his support for the Sexual Orientation Non-Discrimination Act, which would ban antigay discrimination in employment, housing, and public accommodations throughout the state.
In a letter to New York gay advocacy group Empire State Pride Agenda, Pataki, a Republican, wrote, "SONDA must be enacted into law so that disgraceful discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is against the law in every corner of the state. I am confident we will soon succeed in this essential goal."
The letter to ESPA marks Pataki's first public words regarding SONDA since he urged legislators to pass the bill in his January state of the state address.
- Kim Davis vs. the Internet
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- Meet the Trans Man and Pansexual Woman Married by Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis