Man charged with extorting sex from marines
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 08 2002 12:00 AM ET
A Raleigh, N.C., man was charged with extortion for allegedly luring six marines for sex, then threatening to tell their families and superiors unless they had sex with him again. Rodney Brent Hodge, 39, hired the men, ages 18 to 22, to do yard work at his home last month, police said. He then allegedly got them drunk and offered them hundreds of thousands of dollars, plus a new truck, in exchange for sex. Police said the men left Hodge's home without receiving any money.
Hodge made secret video and audio tapes of the sex acts and later told the men he would send the tapes to their military superiors and families unless they had sex with him again, police said. Hodge was arrested Friday. He has pleaded innocent and was being held on $1 million bail.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- Democrats and Republicans Alike Wary of Virginia's Radical Lt. Gov. Nominee
- Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good as Dead, Say Advocates
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women INTERVIEW: Vicci Martinez Speaks her Truth 54 min 12 sec ago
- Politics Neither Democrats Nor Republicans Pleased With Virginia's GOP Lt. Gov. Nominee 1 hour 49 min ago
- Entertainment News Bling King: Liberace Car, Piano on View in NYC 2 hours 5 min ago
- Love and Sex Dear Digital Romeo: How Do I Seduce a Guy Through Chat? 2 hours 28 min ago
- Women Free Kate — She's Been Targeted Before, Says Father 4:09 PM
- Marriage Equality Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says 3:26 PM
- Women Op-Ed: Case of Lesbian Teen Kaitlyn Hunt Raises Questions About Sexual Double Standard 3:13 PM