Man charged with extorting sex from marines
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 07 2002 11:00 PM ET
A Raleigh, N.C., man was charged with extortion for allegedly luring six marines for sex, then threatening to tell their families and superiors unless they had sex with him again. Rodney Brent Hodge, 39, hired the men, ages 18 to 22, to do yard work at his home last month, police said. He then allegedly got them drunk and offered them hundreds of thousands of dollars, plus a new truck, in exchange for sex. Police said the men left Hodge's home without receiving any money.
Hodge made secret video and audio tapes of the sex acts and later told the men he would send the tapes to their military superiors and families unless they had sex with him again, police said. Hodge was arrested Friday. He has pleaded innocent and was being held on $1 million bail.
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- Bryan Singer Announces News for Next X-Men Film
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- PHOTOS: Brazilian Couples Get Married En Masse
- Redbox Picks Up Bridegroom Despite Rule Against Documentaries
- Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback 0 sec ago
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album 11 min 43 sec ago
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS 15 min 43 sec ago
- Politics Gay Former Republican Congressman Condemns Interparty Discrimination 3:07 PM
- World News Putin Tightens Grip on Kremlin-Run News Agencies 3:02 PM
- Film Redbox Picks Up Bridegroom Despite Rule Against Documentaries 2:53 PM
- Travel Super Seniors of the Palm Springs Follies Prepare for the End 2:49 PM