Man charged with extorting sex from marines
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 08 2002 12:00 AM ET
A Raleigh, N.C., man was charged with extortion for allegedly luring six marines for sex, then threatening to tell their families and superiors unless they had sex with him again. Rodney Brent Hodge, 39, hired the men, ages 18 to 22, to do yard work at his home last month, police said. He then allegedly got them drunk and offered them hundreds of thousands of dollars, plus a new truck, in exchange for sex. Police said the men left Hodge's home without receiving any money.
Hodge made secret video and audio tapes of the sex acts and later told the men he would send the tapes to their military superiors and families unless they had sex with him again, police said. Hodge was arrested Friday. He has pleaded innocent and was being held on $1 million bail.
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- Omar Sharif Jr. Featured on Arabic TV News
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City
- White House to Unveil New HIV Strategy
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- BREAKING: Six Stabbed at Jerusalem Pride March