Durham, N.C., approves DP benefits
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 08 2002 11:00 PM ET
The city of Durham, N.C., has become the third in the state to offer benefits to the same-sex and opposite-sex partners of city employees, The [Durham] Herald Sun reports. The city council voted 4-3 in favor of the change Monday night. Chapel Hill and Carrboro are the other two North Carolina cities that offer such benefits to city employees. Both cities won court challenges to the pro-gay legislation in 1999.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- Richard Blanco Talks Pilgrims, Poetry, and His Princely New Memoir
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'