Durham, N.C., approves DP benefits
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 09 2002 12:00 AM ET
The city of Durham, N.C., has become the third in the state to offer benefits to the same-sex and opposite-sex partners of city employees, The [Durham] Herald Sun reports. The city council voted 4-3 in favor of the change Monday night. Chapel Hill and Carrboro are the other two North Carolina cities that offer such benefits to city employees. Both cities won court challenges to the pro-gay legislation in 1999.
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series