Durham, N.C., approves DP benefits
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 09 2002 12:00 AM ET
The city of Durham, N.C., has become the third in the state to offer benefits to the same-sex and opposite-sex partners of city employees, The [Durham] Herald Sun reports. The city council voted 4-3 in favor of the change Monday night. Chapel Hill and Carrboro are the other two North Carolina cities that offer such benefits to city employees. Both cities won court challenges to the pro-gay legislation in 1999.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law