Durham, N.C., approves DP benefits
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 09 2002 12:00 AM ET
The city of Durham, N.C., has become the third in the state to offer benefits to the same-sex and opposite-sex partners of city employees, The [Durham] Herald Sun reports. The city council voted 4-3 in favor of the change Monday night. Chapel Hill and Carrboro are the other two North Carolina cities that offer such benefits to city employees. Both cities won court challenges to the pro-gay legislation in 1999.
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Op-ed: I Met My Best Friend on Grindr
- WATCH: The Weirdest Antigay Marriage Arguments Before the Supreme Court
- Op-ed: New Jersey's Most Antigay Teacher Shouldn't Have Her Job
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Prominent Queer Korean, Chicana Leader Killed in Her Atlanta Home