BY Advocate.com Editors
October 09 2002 12:00 AM ET
Pledge drive to counter Phelps's return to Wyoming
Members of United Gays and Lesbians of Wyoming have planned a fund-raising pledge drive to correspond with a protest by the antigay reverend Fred Phelps planned for the fourth anniverary of Matthew Shepard's murder. Phelps plans to picket four churches in Shepard's hometown of Casper, Wyo., and Casper College on October 13. Phelps has also promised to picket at the University of Wyoming-Colorado State University football game in Fort Collins, Colo., on October 12, the actual anniversary of Shepard's death.
In response, UGLW is asking people to pledge money for each minute Phelps is in Casper or Fort Collins. Those interested in helping out in the group's fund-raising effort can find more information at www.uglw.org or by calling (307) 778-7645.
- The Backlash
- 14 Camp Classics We Can't Stop Quoting — Bad Girls Edition
- WATCH: Preview of Tomorrow's Supreme Court Argument
- Another Event Moves; Gay Hotel Owners Apologize for Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Op-ed: Drag Race's Prison-Themed Challenge Raised Uncomfortable Questions