Poll: 15% of priests identify as gay
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 22 2002 12:00 AM ET
A Los Angeles Times poll of Catholic priests in the United States shows that 15% of those polled identify as "homosexual," the Times reports. The 15% statistic includes the 9% of those polled who identify completely as gay plus the 6% who say they are "somewhere in between, but more on the homosexual side." Among younger priests, 23% of those polled say they are gay. Five percent of those polled said they are "completely in the middle" between heterosexuality and homosexuality, and 67% identify as strictly heterosexual. Eight percent said they are "mostly" heterosexual, while another 5% declined to answer the question.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- WATCH: Russian Army Sings 'Barbie Girl'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman