Killer of MCC pastor sentenced
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 02 2002 12:00 AM ET
A man convicted of killing a pastor at the Metropolitan Community Church Cathedral of Promise in Sacramento was sentenced on Thursday, reports KCRA TV in Sacramento.
Frederick Clark, 37, received life in prison without the possibility of parole for the October 20, 1999, stabbing death of the Reverend Ed Sherriff, whose body was found outside his trailer home in the Capital Circle area of Sacramento. The jury could have imposed a death sentence.
Sherriff, 68, was an assistant minister in the largely gay and lesbian Cathedral of Promise. He also ran a boutique thrift store in Sacramento.
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Lady Gaga Congratulates Tom Daley, Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics
- Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Politics WATCH: Elton John Slams Russia's Anti-LGBT Laws Onstage December 06 2013 8:40 PM
- Women American Horror Story: Coven -- Ritual Witch-ual December 06 2013 8:30 PM
- Travel Wanna Win a Wedding in West Hollywood? December 06 2013 7:26 PM
- Election Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary December 06 2013 6:53 PM
- Women WATCH: Santana Lopez as the Best Bad Santa Ever! December 06 2013 6:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Robertson Prays for Gays 'Recruited' By Abuse December 06 2013 4:41 PM
- Women WATCH: Idina Menzel's Female Empowerment Anthem from Frozen December 06 2013 4:07 PM