Killer of MCC pastor sentenced
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 02 2002 1:00 AM ET
A man convicted of killing a pastor at the Metropolitan Community Church Cathedral of Promise in Sacramento was sentenced on Thursday, reports KCRA TV in Sacramento.
Frederick Clark, 37, received life in prison without the possibility of parole for the October 20, 1999, stabbing death of the Reverend Ed Sherriff, whose body was found outside his trailer home in the Capital Circle area of Sacramento. The jury could have imposed a death sentence.
Sherriff, 68, was an assistant minister in the largely gay and lesbian Cathedral of Promise. He also ran a boutique thrift store in Sacramento.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- White House to Unveil New HIV Strategy
- Minister to LGBT People: Thanks for Making Me More Antigay
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet