Killer of MCC pastor sentenced
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 02 2002 1:00 AM ET
A man convicted of killing a pastor at the Metropolitan Community Church Cathedral of Promise in Sacramento was sentenced on Thursday, reports KCRA TV in Sacramento.
Frederick Clark, 37, received life in prison without the possibility of parole for the October 20, 1999, stabbing death of the Reverend Ed Sherriff, whose body was found outside his trailer home in the Capital Circle area of Sacramento. The jury could have imposed a death sentence.
Sherriff, 68, was an assistant minister in the largely gay and lesbian Cathedral of Promise. He also ran a boutique thrift store in Sacramento.
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- PHOTOS: Equality Advocates Picket Antigay Kentucky Clerk
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- WATCH: Is CNN Coverage of Virginia Gunman Homophobic?