Killer of MCC pastor sentenced
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 02 2002 1:00 AM ET
A man convicted of killing a pastor at the Metropolitan Community Church Cathedral of Promise in Sacramento was sentenced on Thursday, reports KCRA TV in Sacramento.
Frederick Clark, 37, received life in prison without the possibility of parole for the October 20, 1999, stabbing death of the Reverend Ed Sherriff, whose body was found outside his trailer home in the Capital Circle area of Sacramento. The jury could have imposed a death sentence.
Sherriff, 68, was an assistant minister in the largely gay and lesbian Cathedral of Promise. He also ran a boutique thrift store in Sacramento.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good As Dead, Say Advocates
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Marriage Equality Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says 34 min 34 sec ago
- Women Op-Ed: Case of Lesbian Teen Kaitlyn Hunt Raises Questions About Sexual Double Standard 47 min 7 sec ago
- Music WATCH: Is This the Worst Music Video Ever? 1 hour 45 sec ago
- Transgender Jesse Tyler Ferguson Slams His Former Catholic School's Transphobic Graduation Policy 1 hour 50 sec ago
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame 1 hour 2 min ago
- Politics Democratic 'Betrayal' Leaves Binational Couples Stranded 1 hour 13 min ago
- Crime PHOTOS: New Yorkers Combat Violence With Protest 1 hour 22 min ago