BY Advocate.com Editors
November 26 2002 12:00 AM ET
GLMA releases hepatitis brochure for men who have sex with men
The Gay and Lesbian Medical Association on Friday announced the availability of a Spanish-language hepatitis brochure targeting men who have sex with men. The development and distribution of the brochure was supported through funding from drugmaker GlaxoSmithKline.
A recent survey showed that of 30 cities GLMA visited, San Antonio scored the lowest in hepatitis awareness among gay and bisexual men, a population at the greatest risk for the sexually transmitted disease. "We've been successful with our national campaign," said GLMA president Kenneth Haller Jr. "But one piece was missing. Outreach in the non-English speaking areas of the U.S. is essential if we are to successfully reduce the transmission of hepatitis A and B among MSM. Now we have the ability to communicate to a community that might not otherwise have access to this information."
Physicians, medical centers, public health departments, and others may request both the English and Spanish versions of the brochure by logging on to the GLMA web site at www.glma.org.
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America
- Gay Women - News & Culture for Lesbian, Bisexual, and Trans Women
- PHOTOS: Cyndi Lauper and Friends Work to Bring LGBT Homeless Youth Home for the Holidays
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics December 10 2013 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes December 10 2013 5:56 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn December 10 2013 5:38 PM