BY Advocate.com Editors
December 06 2002 1:00 AM ET
Lilo & Stitch video moves 3 million units on first day of sale
Disney's animated hit Lilo & Stitch, codirected by out animator Dean DeBlois, sold 3 million VHS and DVD units on its first day of sales, according to The Hollywood Reporter. "We've not seen a fourth quarter this crowded and with so many big box-office competitive titles vying for a similar audience in the history of the industry," said Buena Vista Home Entertainment president Robert Chapek. "Now Lilo & Stitch is poised to be not only a very strong performer this holiday season but one of the best-selling titles of 2002." The single-day video sales record is held by Spider-Man, which moved 7 million units on its first day of sale in November.
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Op-ed: I Met My Best Friend on Grindr
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- More of You Could Be Fired for Getting Married
- Op-ed: New Jersey's Most Antigay Teacher Shouldn't Have Her Job