BY Advocate.com Editors
December 06 2002 1:00 AM ET
Lilo & Stitch video moves 3 million units on first day of sale
Disney's animated hit Lilo & Stitch, codirected by out animator Dean DeBlois, sold 3 million VHS and DVD units on its first day of sales, according to The Hollywood Reporter. "We've not seen a fourth quarter this crowded and with so many big box-office competitive titles vying for a similar audience in the history of the industry," said Buena Vista Home Entertainment president Robert Chapek. "Now Lilo & Stitch is poised to be not only a very strong performer this holiday season but one of the best-selling titles of 2002." The single-day video sales record is held by Spider-Man, which moved 7 million units on its first day of sale in November.
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet