BY Advocate.com Editors
December 06 2002 1:00 AM ET
Lilo & Stitch video moves 3 million units on first day of sale
Disney's animated hit Lilo & Stitch, codirected by out animator Dean DeBlois, sold 3 million VHS and DVD units on its first day of sales, according to The Hollywood Reporter. "We've not seen a fourth quarter this crowded and with so many big box-office competitive titles vying for a similar audience in the history of the industry," said Buena Vista Home Entertainment president Robert Chapek. "Now Lilo & Stitch is poised to be not only a very strong performer this holiday season but one of the best-selling titles of 2002." The single-day video sales record is held by Spider-Man, which moved 7 million units on its first day of sale in November.
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Tim Cook on Standing Up to Discrimination: 'It’s Time for All of Us'
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too