Morehouse assailant charged with hate crime
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 11 2003 1:00 AM ET
A male former student at Morehouse College in Atlanta who assaulted a fellow male student because he allegedly thought he was making a sexual advance appeared in court Thursday, reports Atlanta's WSB TV news. Aaron Price, 19, was officially notified that he will be prosecuted under a state hate-crimes law for the attack.
"It is the state's contention that Mr. Price intentionally selected the victim in this case based on Mr. Price's perception of that victim's sexual orientation," prosecutor Holly Hughes said.
Price has been charged with attacking Gregory Love with a bat when Love allegedly looked into his shower stall. Love said that he had forgotten his glasses and was trying to determine if Price was his roommate. Love suffered a fractured skull as a result of the attack.
Price has been expelled from Morehouse and is out on bond.
- Military Boston Mayor Snubs Homophobic St. Patrick's Day Parade 5:34 PM
- Religion Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death? 1:41 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Madonna... in Game of Thrones? 1:12 PM
- Travel WATCH: Planes Battle Birmingham, England's Tail Winds March 15 2014 9:11 PM
- Religion Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia March 15 2014 7:41 PM
- Television WATCH: Out Rapper Le1f on Letterman March 15 2014 2:59 PM
- People WATCH: The Strong Bond Between Straight Women and Gay Men March 15 2014 2:52 PM