Morehouse assailant charged with hate crime
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 11 2003 12:00 AM ET
A male former student at Morehouse College in Atlanta who assaulted a fellow male student because he allegedly thought he was making a sexual advance appeared in court Thursday, reports Atlanta's WSB TV news. Aaron Price, 19, was officially notified that he will be prosecuted under a state hate-crimes law for the attack.
"It is the state's contention that Mr. Price intentionally selected the victim in this case based on Mr. Price's perception of that victim's sexual orientation," prosecutor Holly Hughes said.
Price has been charged with attacking Gregory Love with a bat when Love allegedly looked into his shower stall. Love said that he had forgotten his glasses and was trying to determine if Price was his roommate. Love suffered a fractured skull as a result of the attack.
Price has been expelled from Morehouse and is out on bond.
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! 44 min 1 sec ago
- Coming Out WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video 1 hour 6 min ago
- People Photo of the Day: DLB and Tom Daley Share a Moment in Houston 1 hour 14 min ago
- Marriage Equality Australia Re-Bans Same-Sex Marriage 1 hour 22 min ago
- Entertainment News Damien Lewis vs. Ian McKellen: Homeland Actor Apologizes 1 hour 25 min ago
- Politics WATCH: Right-Wing 'Documentary' Tries to Defend 'Ex-Gay' Therapy 1 hour 33 min ago
- Internet Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay 2 hours 19 min ago