Morehouse assailant charged with hate crime
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 11 2003 1:00 AM ET
A male former student at Morehouse College in Atlanta who assaulted a fellow male student because he allegedly thought he was making a sexual advance appeared in court Thursday, reports Atlanta's WSB TV news. Aaron Price, 19, was officially notified that he will be prosecuted under a state hate-crimes law for the attack.
"It is the state's contention that Mr. Price intentionally selected the victim in this case based on Mr. Price's perception of that victim's sexual orientation," prosecutor Holly Hughes said.
Price has been charged with attacking Gregory Love with a bat when Love allegedly looked into his shower stall. Love said that he had forgotten his glasses and was trying to determine if Price was his roommate. Love suffered a fractured skull as a result of the attack.
Price has been expelled from Morehouse and is out on bond.
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- PHOTOS: Equality Advocates Picket Antigay Kentucky Clerk
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- Miley Cyrus Confirms: 'I'm Pansexual'