N.Y. Jets player makes antigay comments
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 14 2003 1:00 AM ET
A player on the NFL's New York Jets team helped illustrate some of the homophobia in professional sports while he was a guest on Howard Stern's morning radio show Friday. Asked by Stern if there were any gay players on the Jets, defensive back Jason Ferguson replied, "None." When Stern asked how Ferguson would feel if there were a gay player on the team, Ferguson said, "Outside, I don't care. But I would let him go into the shower alone."
Stern then asked, "How many gay guys on the Oakland Raiders?" Ferguson said, "It's California.... After all, it [Oakland] is not far from San Francisco."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem 20 min 54 sec ago
- Entertainment News Should Brazil Legalize 'Conversion' Therapy? 42 min 43 sec ago
- World News Liberal Australian MP Crosses Aisle In Support of LGBT Nondiscrimination 54 min 37 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Hot Lesbians Don Cowboy Hats, Chaps and Spurs for Cowgirl Up 1 hour 7 min ago
- Pride PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine 1 hour 22 min ago
- World News Brazil Lawmakers Legalize 'Ex-Gay' Therapy 1 hour 26 min ago
- Sports Navratilova Blasts Russian Antigay Law 1 hour 31 min ago