N.Y. Jets player makes antigay comments
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 14 2003 1:00 AM ET
A player on the NFL's New York Jets team helped illustrate some of the homophobia in professional sports while he was a guest on Howard Stern's morning radio show Friday. Asked by Stern if there were any gay players on the Jets, defensive back Jason Ferguson replied, "None." When Stern asked how Ferguson would feel if there were a gay player on the team, Ferguson said, "Outside, I don't care. But I would let him go into the shower alone."
Stern then asked, "How many gay guys on the Oakland Raiders?" Ferguson said, "It's California.... After all, it [Oakland] is not far from San Francisco."
- 14 Gloriously Hilarious Rihanna Met Gala Gown Memes
- Marriage Equality Could Worsen Bisexual Erasure
- Op-ed: 5 Reasons Men's Health Needs a Trans Man On The Cover
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview