N.Y. Jets player makes antigay comments
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 14 2003 1:00 AM ET
A player on the NFL's New York Jets team helped illustrate some of the homophobia in professional sports while he was a guest on Howard Stern's morning radio show Friday. Asked by Stern if there were any gay players on the Jets, defensive back Jason Ferguson replied, "None." When Stern asked how Ferguson would feel if there were a gay player on the team, Ferguson said, "Outside, I don't care. But I would let him go into the shower alone."
Stern then asked, "How many gay guys on the Oakland Raiders?" Ferguson said, "It's California.... After all, it [Oakland] is not far from San Francisco."
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith
- Hot Sheet: Demi-Vicious Pride
- Congresswoman Slams Science Magazine for Transphobic, Sexist Cover
- Arizona: Marriage Ban Wasn't Meant to Harm Gay Couples
- Tow Truck Operator Targets LGBT Drivers During Gay Days
- Michele Bachmann Is Back With One of Her Most Homophobic Comments Ever