N.Y. Jets player makes antigay comments
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 14 2003 1:00 AM ET
A player on the NFL's New York Jets team helped illustrate some of the homophobia in professional sports while he was a guest on Howard Stern's morning radio show Friday. Asked by Stern if there were any gay players on the Jets, defensive back Jason Ferguson replied, "None." When Stern asked how Ferguson would feel if there were a gay player on the team, Ferguson said, "Outside, I don't care. But I would let him go into the shower alone."
Stern then asked, "How many gay guys on the Oakland Raiders?" Ferguson said, "It's California.... After all, it [Oakland] is not far from San Francisco."
- World Record Bodybuilder Comes Out as Trans
- Brokeback Mountain: The 10th Anniversary of a Gay Classic
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 10 Things People Living With HIV Are Sick of Hearing
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Members of Congress to Antigay Nations' Diplomats: Leave Your Spouse Home