N.Y. Jets player makes antigay comments
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 14 2003 1:00 AM ET
A player on the NFL's New York Jets team helped illustrate some of the homophobia in professional sports while he was a guest on Howard Stern's morning radio show Friday. Asked by Stern if there were any gay players on the Jets, defensive back Jason Ferguson replied, "None." When Stern asked how Ferguson would feel if there were a gay player on the team, Ferguson said, "Outside, I don't care. But I would let him go into the shower alone."
Stern then asked, "How many gay guys on the Oakland Raiders?" Ferguson said, "It's California.... After all, it [Oakland] is not far from San Francisco."
- Travel WATCH: Planes Battle Birmingham, England's Tail Winds March 15 2014 9:11 PM
- Religion Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia March 15 2014 7:41 PM
- Television WATCH: Out Rapper Le1f on Letterman March 15 2014 2:59 PM
- People WATCH: The Strong Bond Between Straight Women and Gay Men March 15 2014 2:52 PM
- Transgender Trans Contestant is Miss Congeniality at Calif. Beauty Pageant March 15 2014 11:57 AM
- Theater Injury Sidelines Christopher Sieber in Matilda March 15 2014 5:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Hernan Marina March 15 2014 4:00 AM