BY Advocate.com Editors
January 14 2003 1:00 AM ET
Richard Chamberlain to come out in upcoming memoir
New York Daily News columnists Rush & Molloy report that actor Richard Chamberlain will reveal "one of the worst-kept secrets in Hollywood" when he discusses his homosexuality openly for the first time in an upcoming memoir. Chamberlain's book Toward Love, which will be published by HarperCollins, is said to detail "the painful but deeply rewarding process of reconciling his deepest self with his public persona." The actor--best known for his television work on Dr. Kildare, Shogun, and The Thorn Birds--writes, "Strange to be famous for so long and not know who you are...mine has been a journey from learning to impersonate and please others to learning who I really am."
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- 10 Transgender Kings and Queens Who Ruled the School