BY Advocate.com Editors
January 14 2003 1:00 AM ET
Richard Chamberlain to come out in upcoming memoir
New York Daily News columnists Rush & Molloy report that actor Richard Chamberlain will reveal "one of the worst-kept secrets in Hollywood" when he discusses his homosexuality openly for the first time in an upcoming memoir. Chamberlain's book Toward Love, which will be published by HarperCollins, is said to detail "the painful but deeply rewarding process of reconciling his deepest self with his public persona." The actor--best known for his television work on Dr. Kildare, Shogun, and The Thorn Birds--writes, "Strange to be famous for so long and not know who you are...mine has been a journey from learning to impersonate and please others to learning who I really am."
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- WATCH: Jon Stewart on GOP Reaction to Marriage Equality: 'Voldemort Has Risen'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: Why, No Matter What, I Still Can't Marry My Girlfriend