BY Advocate.com Editors
January 14 2003 1:00 AM ET
Richard Chamberlain to come out in upcoming memoir
New York Daily News columnists Rush & Molloy report that actor Richard Chamberlain will reveal "one of the worst-kept secrets in Hollywood" when he discusses his homosexuality openly for the first time in an upcoming memoir. Chamberlain's book Toward Love, which will be published by HarperCollins, is said to detail "the painful but deeply rewarding process of reconciling his deepest self with his public persona." The actor--best known for his television work on Dr. Kildare, Shogun, and The Thorn Birds--writes, "Strange to be famous for so long and not know who you are...mine has been a journey from learning to impersonate and please others to learning who I really am."
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend
- AIDS Org. Made Men Over 40 Pay to Attend Pool Party
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: The White Party and Gay Culture Need More Color