Sperm donor fights child support order
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 14 2003 1:00 AM ET
A 36-year-old sperm donor has appealed to Sweden's supreme court to overturn a lower court order that he provide child support for three children born to a lesbian couple using his sperm, Agence France-Presse reports. While the man acknowledges that the children are his biologically, he denies that his arrangement with the two mothers included any financial liability for the offspring. Nevertheless, the court ruled that the sperm donor does have financial responsibility for the children. His attorney said the court case raises critical questions about the role of sperm donors in the country.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Out NYC Owner Hires Omar Sharif Jr. as Community Liaison
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses