Sperm donor fights child support order
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 14 2003 1:00 AM ET
A 36-year-old sperm donor has appealed to Sweden's supreme court to overturn a lower court order that he provide child support for three children born to a lesbian couple using his sperm, Agence France-Presse reports. While the man acknowledges that the children are his biologically, he denies that his arrangement with the two mothers included any financial liability for the offspring. Nevertheless, the court ruled that the sperm donor does have financial responsibility for the children. His attorney said the court case raises critical questions about the role of sperm donors in the country.
- WATCH: Gay Couple Assaulted at Dallas BBQ in Chelsea
- Drag Race's Trixie Mattel: 'I Actually Thought I Would Win'
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Mic-Drop on Antigay GOP's 'Slim Chances' at White House
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- POLL: Americans Prefer Gay President to Evangelical or Tea Partier
- WATCH: Ben Carson Thinks President Can Ignore Courts on Marriage Equality