BY Advocate.com Editors
January 18 2003 1:00 AM ET
Chicago, The Hours tabbed to pick up Globes
Producers of Chicago and The Hours are expected to come away from Sunday's Golden Globe Awards with statues for Best Picture honors, according to GoldDerby.com. Further predictions include Martin Scorsese for Best Director and Daniel Day-Lewis for Best Actor, Drama, both for Gangs of New York; Julianne Moore, Best Actress, Drama, for Far From Heaven; and Richard Gere and Renee Zellweger for Best Actor and Actress, Comedy/Musical, for their roles in Chicago.
Out awards pundit Tom O'Neil says the evening's awards will go to the films with the most gay appeal. "Call them the Lavender Globes," O'Neil told Advocate.com. "Lesbian and gay lusts are what drive the films that will win big on Sunday--The Hours and Far From Heaven. The other, nongay films at least have a huge gay camp sensibility, like Chicago. Over in the TV categories, Will & Grace is still, thank God, flashing its slip, and campiness reigns in the made-for-TV movie race with Shirley MacLaine's Mary Kay biopic Hell on Heels."
The Golden Globes will be broadcast Sunday, January 19, on NBC (check local listings for broadcast times).
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen 2 hours 10 min ago
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival 7:17 PM
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference 7:02 PM
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families 6:45 PM
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia 6:27 PM
- Religion Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis 6:25 PM
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 5:55 PM