Gay Democrats critique Bush's administration
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 30 2003 1:00 AM ET
Gay political group the National Stonewall Democrats reacted Wednesday to President Bush's State of the Union address by releasing its State of the Administration Report. The report focuses on the Bush administration's "inept leadership in public health and HIV/AIDS policy."
The 25-page report identifies several areas where the Administration has failed to meet the needs of the GLBT community, including forcing schools to remove campus nondiscrimination policies, revisions of federal law to allow antigay discrimination, and attempts to place antigay individuals in positions of power and influence.
"President Bush continues to amass a record that is hostile to gay and lesbian Americans," Stonewall interim executive director Chad Johnson said. "From curbing HIV/AIDS spending to sneaking antigay language into federal law, the Bush administration has shown disdain for issues of equality."
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Pet Shop Boys Remix Irish Drag Queen's Powerful Speech Against Homophobia
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd
- Op-ed: Pope Francis: One Year In, Door Slightly Ajar for LGBT People
- Travel A Tour Through the San Francisco of Looking, Season One 10 sec ago
- Women Houston Lesbian Couple Found Murdered, Cops Searching for Suspect 3 min 23 sec ago
- Women WATCH: 10 Worst Ways to Pick Up a Lesbian 5 min 46 sec ago
- Parenting Ubbas: The Golden Shower Toy 1 hour 1 min ago
- Russia WATCH: Moscow LGBT Demonstrators Attacked 1 hour 4 min ago
- Women WATCH: Lost Girl's Zoie Palmer Thanks Female Partner at Canadian Film Awards 1 hour 16 min ago
- Music Pet Shop Boys Remix Irish Drag Queen's Powerful Speech Against Homophobia 1 hour 20 min ago