Gay Democrats critique Bush's administration
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 30 2003 12:00 AM ET
Gay political group the National Stonewall Democrats reacted Wednesday to President Bush's State of the Union address by releasing its State of the Administration Report. The report focuses on the Bush administration's "inept leadership in public health and HIV/AIDS policy."
The 25-page report identifies several areas where the Administration has failed to meet the needs of the GLBT community, including forcing schools to remove campus nondiscrimination policies, revisions of federal law to allow antigay discrimination, and attempts to place antigay individuals in positions of power and influence.
"President Bush continues to amass a record that is hostile to gay and lesbian Americans," Stonewall interim executive director Chad Johnson said. "From curbing HIV/AIDS spending to sneaking antigay language into federal law, the Bush administration has shown disdain for issues of equality."
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- WATCH: Billy Eichner and Amy Poehler Have Aggressive Christmas Spirit
- Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior
- Comedy WATCH: Billy Eichner and Amy Poehler Have Aggressive Christmas Spirit 1 hour 3 min ago
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: One Day in Big Gaylarious America 7:00 AM
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous 6:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior 5:00 AM
- Parenting Nonprofit Serves Up Resource to Answer LGBT Parents' Questions 5:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM