Gay Democrats critique Bush's administration
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 30 2003 12:00 AM ET
Gay political group the National Stonewall Democrats reacted Wednesday to President Bush's State of the Union address by releasing its State of the Administration Report. The report focuses on the Bush administration's "inept leadership in public health and HIV/AIDS policy."
The 25-page report identifies several areas where the Administration has failed to meet the needs of the GLBT community, including forcing schools to remove campus nondiscrimination policies, revisions of federal law to allow antigay discrimination, and attempts to place antigay individuals in positions of power and influence.
"President Bush continues to amass a record that is hostile to gay and lesbian Americans," Stonewall interim executive director Chad Johnson said. "From curbing HIV/AIDS spending to sneaking antigay language into federal law, the Bush administration has shown disdain for issues of equality."
- Entertainment News WATCH: Leslie Jordan 'Go Bold' With Models to Crash Super Bowl 1 hour 7 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey 4:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Love Starts With Acceptance 4:00 AM
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Lesbians Explain How Lesbians Have Sex - with Visual Aids! December 05 2013 7:57 PM
- Travel Why Travelers Love Palm Springs Airport December 05 2013 7:33 PM
- Travel Turkish Bazaar Opening on Vegas Strip December 05 2013 7:12 PM