Gay Democrats Critique Bush's Administration
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 30 2003 1:00 AM ET
Gay political group the National Stonewall Democrats reacted Wednesday to President Bush's State of the Union address by releasing its State of the Administration Report. The report focuses on the Bush administration's "inept leadership in public health and HIV/AIDS policy."
The 25-page report identifies several areas where the Administration has failed to meet the needs of the GLBT community, including forcing schools to remove campus nondiscrimination policies, revisions of federal law to allow antigay discrimination, and attempts to place antigay individuals in positions of power and influence.
"President Bush continues to amass a record that is hostile to gay and lesbian Americans," Stonewall interim executive director Chad Johnson said. "From curbing HIV/AIDS spending to sneaking antigay language into federal law, the Bush administration has shown disdain for issues of equality."
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Arkansas County Clerk Resigns Over Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- PHOTOS: Pride for Days In San Francisco
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Trans Woman Who Expanded Facebook's Gender Options Banned For Not Using 'Real Name'
- Show Your Pride With A Rainbow Filter For Your Facebook Profile Pic