Dekalb County schools ban antigay harassment
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 12 2003 1:00 AM ET
School board officials in Dekalb County, Ga., which includes Atlanta, voted Monday night to prohibit antigay harassment, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports. The vote came after controversy following a comment made by motivational speaker Danny Buggs during a presentation at Stone Mountain High School that "God made Adam and Eve and not Adam and Steve." Board member Bebe Joyner called the vote a "no-brainer.... I feel like we need to take a very strong stand, shout from the rooftops...that we will not tolerate, under any circumstances, the harassment of any student for any reason by anybody."
- Indiana Scrambling to 'Clarify' Discriminatory Law
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Original Intent of Indiana-Type Laws Has Been Warped