Dekalb County schools ban antigay harassment
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 12 2003 1:00 AM ET
School board officials in Dekalb County, Ga., which includes Atlanta, voted Monday night to prohibit antigay harassment, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports. The vote came after controversy following a comment made by motivational speaker Danny Buggs during a presentation at Stone Mountain High School that "God made Adam and Eve and not Adam and Steve." Board member Bebe Joyner called the vote a "no-brainer.... I feel like we need to take a very strong stand, shout from the rooftops...that we will not tolerate, under any circumstances, the harassment of any student for any reason by anybody."
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Will PrEP Make Gay Men Stop Using Condoms?