Dekalb County schools ban antigay harassment
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 12 2003 1:00 AM ET
School board officials in Dekalb County, Ga., which includes Atlanta, voted Monday night to prohibit antigay harassment, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports. The vote came after controversy following a comment made by motivational speaker Danny Buggs during a presentation at Stone Mountain High School that "God made Adam and Eve and not Adam and Steve." Board member Bebe Joyner called the vote a "no-brainer.... I feel like we need to take a very strong stand, shout from the rooftops...that we will not tolerate, under any circumstances, the harassment of any student for any reason by anybody."
- Hot Sheet: Demi-Vicious Pride
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith
- WATCH: Australian Model Ruby Rose Comes Out as Gender Fluid
- Larry King Is Confused By Anna Paquin's 'Non-Practicing' Bisexuality
- The Daily Show's Unforgettable Takedown of Andrew Shirvell
- WATCH: A Trans Girl's Inspiring 'Letter to the World'