Dekalb County schools ban antigay harassment
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 12 2003 1:00 AM ET
School board officials in Dekalb County, Ga., which includes Atlanta, voted Monday night to prohibit antigay harassment, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports. The vote came after controversy following a comment made by motivational speaker Danny Buggs during a presentation at Stone Mountain High School that "God made Adam and Eve and not Adam and Steve." Board member Bebe Joyner called the vote a "no-brainer.... I feel like we need to take a very strong stand, shout from the rooftops...that we will not tolerate, under any circumstances, the harassment of any student for any reason by anybody."
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Smith College Now Admits Trans Women
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'
- Utah High School Elects State's First Transgender Prom Queen