BY Advocate.com Editors
March 08 2003 1:00 AM ET
Organizers announce Empire State AIDS Ride
New York AIDS activists have announced the formation of the Empire State AIDS Ride, a new bicycling fund-raiser in New York State to support groups providing HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment in the state and in sub-Saharan Africa, the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle reports. The inaugural six-day, 500-mile ride from Niagara Falls to Battery Park in New York City will be held August 18-23. Organizers hope to attract 700 riders. All money raised by the riders will be donated to AIDS Rochester, Doctors Without Borders, the Health GAP Coalition, and the African Services Committee. Organizers hope to raise more than $1 million for the groups. For more information about the ride, go online to www.empirestateaidsride.org.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- UFC Women's Champ: 'I Wouldn't Refuse' to Fight a Trans Athlete