BY Advocate.com Editors
March 08 2003 1:00 AM ET
Organizers announce Empire State AIDS Ride
New York AIDS activists have announced the formation of the Empire State AIDS Ride, a new bicycling fund-raiser in New York State to support groups providing HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment in the state and in sub-Saharan Africa, the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle reports. The inaugural six-day, 500-mile ride from Niagara Falls to Battery Park in New York City will be held August 18-23. Organizers hope to attract 700 riders. All money raised by the riders will be donated to AIDS Rochester, Doctors Without Borders, the Health GAP Coalition, and the African Services Committee. Organizers hope to raise more than $1 million for the groups. For more information about the ride, go online to www.empirestateaidsride.org.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Texas Airline Crowd Tackles Antigay Attacker
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- 7 Absurd Legal 'Arguments' Against Marriage Equality From a Straight Couple in Kansas
- 35 Activists, Doctors, and Organizations Speak Out in Support of PrEP
- Alaska High Schooler: Congressman's Apology 'Doesn't Mean Crap'