Berlin mayor pushes gay tourism
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 11 2003 1:00 AM ET
Berlin's openly gay mayor, Klaus Wowereit, told attendees at the International Tourism Exchange Fair in Berlin that the city is an ideal destination for gay and lesbian tourists, Agence-France Presse reports. The mayor also called for more advertising to attract such tourists. "There is a huge market gap to be filled," Wowereit said at a Monday press conference during the fair. The German Headquarters for Tourism introduced the new travel guide "Gay-friendly Germany," which is targeted at Americans, on Monday as well.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 22 Queer One-Hit Wonders From Yesteryear
- Smith College Now Admits Trans Women