Berlin mayor pushes gay tourism
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 11 2003 1:00 AM ET
Berlin's openly gay mayor, Klaus Wowereit, told attendees at the International Tourism Exchange Fair in Berlin that the city is an ideal destination for gay and lesbian tourists, Agence-France Presse reports. The mayor also called for more advertising to attract such tourists. "There is a huge market gap to be filled," Wowereit said at a Monday press conference during the fair. The German Headquarters for Tourism introduced the new travel guide "Gay-friendly Germany," which is targeted at Americans, on Monday as well.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Michael Sam Cut From the Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to Play 'Every Sunday'
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- WATCH: Alan Cumming on Getting 'Whacked' By Shia LaBeouf
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'