Berlin mayor pushes gay tourism
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 11 2003 1:00 AM ET
Berlin's openly gay mayor, Klaus Wowereit, told attendees at the International Tourism Exchange Fair in Berlin that the city is an ideal destination for gay and lesbian tourists, Agence-France Presse reports. The mayor also called for more advertising to attract such tourists. "There is a huge market gap to be filled," Wowereit said at a Monday press conference during the fair. The German Headquarters for Tourism introduced the new travel guide "Gay-friendly Germany," which is targeted at Americans, on Monday as well.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- Op-ed: How Laramie Finally Made Judy Shepard Proud
- 15 Queer Documentaries That Helped Define Us