Controversial New Hampshire nominee withdraws
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 20 2003 1:00 AM ET
New Hampshire governor Craig Benson's nominee to the state Human Rights Commission withdrew his name from consideration on Wednesday. Three of the five members of the Executive Council had said they opposed confirming Gary Daniels to the post because of antigay comments Daniels made five years ago when he was a state representative. At Wednesday's council meeting, Benson said Daniels sent him a letter withdrawing his name. Benson did not provide details but did nominate two others for the post. The new nominees are Rogers Johnson of Stratham and Gayle Troye of Dunbarton.
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Op-ed: Why Labeling Others As 'Privileged' Isn't Helping Trans Activists