Controversial New Hampshire nominee withdraws
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 20 2003 1:00 AM ET
New Hampshire governor Craig Benson's nominee to the state Human Rights Commission withdrew his name from consideration on Wednesday. Three of the five members of the Executive Council had said they opposed confirming Gary Daniels to the post because of antigay comments Daniels made five years ago when he was a state representative. At Wednesday's council meeting, Benson said Daniels sent him a letter withdrawing his name. Benson did not provide details but did nominate two others for the post. The new nominees are Rogers Johnson of Stratham and Gayle Troye of Dunbarton.
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'