Controversial New Hampshire nominee withdraws
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 20 2003 1:00 AM ET
New Hampshire governor Craig Benson's nominee to the state Human Rights Commission withdrew his name from consideration on Wednesday. Three of the five members of the Executive Council had said they opposed confirming Gary Daniels to the post because of antigay comments Daniels made five years ago when he was a state representative. At Wednesday's council meeting, Benson said Daniels sent him a letter withdrawing his name. Benson did not provide details but did nominate two others for the post. The new nominees are Rogers Johnson of Stratham and Gayle Troye of Dunbarton.
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- See Me: Derrick Cobb
- Op-ed: The Dire State of Louisiana LGBTs
- PHOTOS: Homeless LGBT Youth Become Visible
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Miss Fame: I've Yet to Leave My 'Beauty Mark'