BY Advocate.com Editors
March 26 2003 1:00 AM ET
Lambda Literary Foundation bestows Editor's Choice Award
The Lambda Literary Foundation announced Monday that The World Turned: Essays on Gay History, Politics, and Culture by scholar-activist John D'Emilio will receive the Lambda Literary Editor's Choice Award. D'Emilio is a professor of history and director of the Gender and Women's Studies Program at the University of Illinois at Chicago, where he teaches courses in gay and lesbian studies; D'Emilio is also the author or editor of six books.
"We are delighted to be able to recognize pioneering gay scholar John D'Emilio not only for this important work but for a lifetime devoted to gay and lesbian rights," said Lambda Book Report editor Jim Marks.
The honor will be presented at a gala event in Los Angeles May 29 at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel. Ticket prices are $150 for dinner and the awards show; a $195 ticket includes entry to the author's reception prior to the dinner. VIP tickets, which include the dinner, awards show, preferred seating, and name inclusion in the program, are $295. For more information about the LLF, please visit www.lambdalit.org or call (202) 682-0952.
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Pet Shop Boys Remix Irish Drag Queen's Powerful Speech Against Homophobia
- South Carolina Soccer Team Signs Gay Player Anton Hysén
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality Is an 'Extra Right,' Says Right-Wing Activist March 10 2014 7:44 PM
- Women Laurel Holloman Joins L Word Costars Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig at Dinah! March 10 2014 6:22 PM
- Politics Lesbian Couple Sues Neighbors for Bias March 10 2014 6:08 PM