BY Advocate.com Editors
April 02 2003 1:00 AM ET
Joel Schumacher to bring Patricia Cornwell novel to screen
Joel Schumacher is negotiating with Columbia Pictures to develop and direct a screen version of Patricia Cornwell's Cruel & Unusual, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The film would be the first in a series of films to feature Cornwell's most famous character, medical examiner Dr. Kay Scarpetta. Sony optioned the 11 Scarpetta novels almost two years ago. Schumacher's delayed Phone Booth finally opens in theaters Friday.
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- Op-ed: When Right vs. Left Becomes Right vs. Wrong
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate