BY Advocate.com Editors
April 02 2003 1:00 AM ET
Joel Schumacher to bring Patricia Cornwell novel to screen
Joel Schumacher is negotiating with Columbia Pictures to develop and direct a screen version of Patricia Cornwell's Cruel & Unusual, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The film would be the first in a series of films to feature Cornwell's most famous character, medical examiner Dr. Kay Scarpetta. Sony optioned the 11 Scarpetta novels almost two years ago. Schumacher's delayed Phone Booth finally opens in theaters Friday.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Every GOP 2016 Hopeful Backs Mike Pence
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'