BY Advocate.com Editors
April 02 2003 12:00 AM ET
Joel Schumacher to bring Patricia Cornwell novel to screen
Joel Schumacher is negotiating with Columbia Pictures to develop and direct a screen version of Patricia Cornwell's Cruel & Unusual, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The film would be the first in a series of films to feature Cornwell's most famous character, medical examiner Dr. Kay Scarpetta. Sony optioned the 11 Scarpetta novels almost two years ago. Schumacher's delayed Phone Booth finally opens in theaters Friday.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View