BY Advocate.com Editors
April 08 2003 11:00 PM ET
Will & Grace says it with flowers to land Madonna
Madonna doesn't even watch television. So how is it she's ending up on Will & Grace? Flowers. The show's producer, Tim Kaiser, tells TV Guide he sent fantastic arrangements of English roses to Madonna. He says he was told Madonna doesn't own a TV and had no idea what Will & Grace is, but she loves English roses. He also sent tapes of other guest stars.
Madonna didn't show any interest until after the release of her movie Swept Away, which husband Guy Ritchie directed. Her manager says the guest spot isn't an attempt to show she really can act. Kaiser says Madonna agreed to the guest shot as long as she didn't have to play herself. She plays Karen's new roommate. Kaiser says Madonna had a few nerves but was a real professional. The episode airs April 24 on NBC. Madonna's new album, American Life, will be released on April 22. The CD single of "American Life" comes out Tuesday. It is already available as a paid download track on the Internet.
- Parenting Forum Shows Key Role of Parents in Winning Rights for Gays and Lesbians in China 0 sec ago
- Television Meet the New Queens of RuPaul's Drag Race 35 min 22 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Real-Life Girlfriends Bria & Chrissy on '10 Things Lesbians Do on Saturdays' 37 min 37 sec ago
- Travel Stockholm Pride Sent an FU to Putin 48 min 59 sec ago
- Sports WATCH: Sportscaster Denies Calling Kansas Jayhawks 'Gayhawks' 1 hour 19 min ago
- Music 6 New Christmas Albums To Get You In the Holiday Mood 1 hour 46 min ago
- Film George Takei Documentary to Premiere at Sundance 1 hour 47 min ago