Philly gay group investigates Nizah Morris death
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 16 2003 11:00 PM ET
Members of Racial Unity, an African-American gay and lesbian group in Philadelphia, say they will hit the city's streets to look for clues in the mysterious death of transgendered woman Nizah Morris, the Philadelphia Daily News reports. The group's decision to take action is a result of community members' frustration with a lack of answers in the December 22 death. Racial Unity is also offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in the case. Police and the district attorney's office, which recently began its own investigation into the death, said they had not heard of the group's plan. "If they come up with some additional information, we'd be happy to have it," said police captain Thomas Lippo.
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- 14 Sexy Gifts for Your Slutty Friends